In our in-house training seminar, we want to show you what far-reaching changes will take place for the accounting of lease agreements, above all for the lessee, due to the paradigm change and the new lease accounting standard IFRS 16. Furthermore, the seminar will show the economic impact on reporting, corporate processes, and particularly financial performance. In addition, it will provide valuable practical information for the future drafting of lease agreements and project planning for conversion to the new rules.
Who Is the Seminar Intended For?
- Leasing companies that need to offer contracts that satisfy IFRS requirements
- Lease providers that report in accordance with IFRS
- Banks and savings banks [Sparkassen] offering and refinancing leases
- Investors/Lessees reporting in accordance with IFRS, among others in the areas of accounting, controlling, purchasing, sales, etc.
- Analysts and rating agencies
- Tax advisors and auditors
- Corporate consultants
Overview of content
- Introduction and overview
- Background of new rules, summary of usage right method, and differences from IAS 17
- Application area, exceptions, and simplification options
- Identification and definition of lease agreements
- Basic concepts
- Accounting for lessee
- Accounting for lessor
- Special leasing transactions
- Transition requirements and date of enforcement
- Differences between IFRS and US GAAP
- Impact on lessee and lessor
- Selected implementation questions: Implementation guidelines and concrete steps for IT processing