There are a wide variety of control processes in companies – in the area of the internal control system (ICS), in SOX controls or in various areas relevant to compliance. In principle, a distinction can be made between “manual” and “automatic” control processes. Furthermore, the processes differ in terms of the various time sequences, ranging from regular or irregular to daily, weekly, monthly and annual processes. One example is the monthly sales tax check.
Furthermore, controls can be subdivided into “detective” or “preventive” control activities. Preventive controls serve to prevent errors and omissions and are particularly applied to processes that involve a high level of risk. “Detective” controls by contrast are intended for the detection and correction of errors. Finally, one can distinguish between “primary” and “secondary” controls according to the order of the controls.
Mastering Challenges through Established Control Processes – ICS, SOX & Compliance
Our control testing services (ICS, SOX, compliance) are particularly relevant for you in the following situations:
- Lack of an overview of controls in the area of ICS, SOX and compliance
- Lack of an overview of the efficiency and effectiveness of the controls in the area of ICS, SOX and compliance
- Deficits in the efficiency and effectiveness of controls in the area of ICS, SOX and compliance that have become known
- Introduction of an ICS, SOX or compliance management system and need to ensure the functionality of the controls
Control Testing – Checking your Existing Control Processes (ICS, SOX & Compliance)
Our services in the area of control testing (ICS, SOX, compliance) include in particular:
- Analysis/recording of existing controls in their structures, processes and systems
- Testing of your controls (manual and automated) in the area of ICS, SOX and compliance.
- Identification of potential for optimization in your controls.
- Design and implementation of optimization measures in your ICS, SOX and compliance controls
- Software selection and support for the implementation of tools for documentation and testing of controls in your ICS, SOX or compliance management system
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact us.