The planning of many companies still only includes the planning of the (essential) income statement items. This focus, which concentrates only on the income statement, can be entirely sufficient for small and medium-sized companies in times of excess liquidity. The preparation of integrated planning is indispensable for professionally positioned companies, especially on the capital market, but also beyond that and in situations of scarce liquidity. Integrated planning usually includes existing income statement planning, but also balance sheet and cash flow planning in particular. It is also necessary to take account of the numerous dependencies between these three elements – such as the increase in fixed assets, the outflow of cash in investment cash flow and depreciation on the income statement, or the amount of sales revenue, portfolio of receivables and the change in operational cash flow.
Furthermore, the most common planning tool used by companies is still MS Excel. In the meantime, there are numerous very good planning programs on the market, which also offer a reasonable price-performance ratio.
Introduction of Integrated Planning & Implementation of a Planning Tool
Our services in the area of integrated planning/implementation of a planning tool are particularly relevant to the extent that:
- Corporate planning simply does not exist and corporate planning has to be established in the first place.
- Corporate planning merely consists of income statement planning without planning for the balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Corporate planning includes planning for the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement, but they are not integrated and therefore do not take account of mutual interdependencies
- Corporate planning is handled in MS Excel, and the functionalities of MS Excel, such as formulas or VBA, are not sufficiently used.
- Corporate planning is handled in MS Excel, but MS Excel reaches its limits due, for example, to susceptibility to errors or data volume.
FAS AG Support in the Introduction of Integrated Planning & Implementation of a Planning Tool
Our services in the area of integrated corporate planning/implementation of a planning tool include:
- Analysis of the business model, value drivers and stakeholder requirements for deriving the planning model
- Design of an integrated planning model taking into account the interdependencies between the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Support in software selection for a planning tool
- Implementation of the integrated planning model in MS Excel or a new planning tool
If you are interested or have any questions, please contact us.